Friday, March 1, 2013

Luck + ND Filters are a great combo!




A great combination of luck (being in the right spot at the right time) and ND filters helped me to capture this shot, as a storm was rolling in near Queens Land, Nova Scotia. It was one of those days where we had ventured out to go to the beach, and I just so happened to take my camera a long with me 'just incase'. We had actually drove by this location, and five minutes later, I realized that we had better turn around and go back, as I was pretty darn sure there was a potential shot to be had. That was the best decision I had made that day!

This shot is three separate photos, stitched together in Photoshop. Panoramic photography is my ultimate favorite, and can be quite stunning when done correctly. Always remember to use a tripod, overlap by around 30%, and keep your exposure the same throughout each photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment